Product Development Engineer
Are you an independent, proactive, assertive, strategic person who demands to be in control of your own destiny? Are you competitive, and always in a hurry? Do you love to work, and struggle to understand people who are all talk, no action? Are you an analytical thinker who loves solving big problems by thinking outside the box, instinctively breaking the solution down into prioritized tasks, and then acting quickly and decisively?
If so, apply for this position. If not, don’t.
Titan Manufacturing & Distribution is a Top 500 internet retailer; our near triple digit year over year growth each of the last 5 years has only been achieved through true start-up mentality and passion for growth. Sick of high-margin retailers? So are we! It is our mission to deliver high-quality products at unbelievably low prices to everyday consumers.
The Product Development Department at Titan Manufacturing & Distribution is the gas pedal that drives our growth. We operate like a start-up within the broader Titan organization - managing new products all the way from idea to conception and through the initial sales and marketing. After we've set those products on a trajectory towards sustainable success, we pass them off to other departments and focus back on the next group of incoming new products.
This job isn't for the faint of heart but for the wicked-smart, talented, and tenacious only. We’re looking for someone who is strategic, nimble, creative, decisive, and hungry - these traits will drive success and maximize your uncapped potential in our truly entrepreneurial organization.
Titan’s Product Development Team is crucial to our company’s growth. We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with a substantial desire to learn. This role will require tremendous critical thinking skills in an extraordinarily high-pace environment. The successful candidate will have a “go-getter” attitude coupled with creative drive and ambition. The purpose of this position is to be the driver behind new product development at Titan in the areas of design, sourcing, and internal communication.
Role and Responsibilities
- Learn and understand the function of products in development phase
- Evaluate and improve on similar products offered by competitors
- Search for design improvement opportunities
- Document critical product specifications, drawing and/or modeling when applicable
- Choose or identify manufacturers that can execute our new product designs
- Work with manufacturers to complete the design phase of product development and receive quotes on finished product(s)
- Evaluate/compare manufacturing quotes
- Analyze market potential for items and determine first order quantities
- Participate in knowledge-sharing efforts with other departments for new items
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently to achieve aggressive goals
- Team coordination skills
- Ability to work with other departments as the expert on new items. Coordination with Customer Service, Marketing, Quality Control, and other departments may be required.
- Strong desire for growth and learning, and an understanding that failures are a critical step toward future success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Required to operate a computer and other office equipment daily
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred (Mechanical/Industrial Engineering)
- 3D Modeling experience preferred
Job Type/Location: Full-time / Horn Lake, MS / Manufacturing and Distribution Environment (Warehouse)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.